Monday, December 01, 2008

Recent Sessions

Now I am self-employed I no longer have to give a shit about bosses snooping round my blog to see if I have been working rather than sailing...

And with Winter coming up, I am looking forward to some waves on the S Coast.

Here are my recent sessions:

Aug-19 Niton 5
Not as good as the previous week but not bad - don’t go at high tide on a big spring…
01-Sep Shoreham 5
chop, few loops
04-Sep Lancing 5.4
Very gusty, small wave, 2 loops when it got up to F7 but too powered, did get some rotation on one go
05-Sep Pagham 4.2
Very onshore, nice waist-boom waves - great for backside aeriels
01-Oct Bracks 5
Strong Sideshore wind, but waves a bit disappointing for a WNW
05-Oct Pagham 5.4
Wind dropped as I got there, but some Ok float and ride in small clean waves
08-Oct Pagham 4.7
Wind dropped again! Only had 4.7 and the 71 and floated out, then sank. No wind at all...
20-Oct Pagham 4.7
Small waves
08-Nov Pagham 4.7
Chop in front of the bungalow
09-Nov Pagham 4.2
Small waves in mental wind at the spit, excellent fun
11-Nov LA 5
First decent winter wave session - head-high WSW, some really long rides
23-Nov Bracks 5.4
Great fun cross-off waveriding session, waist-boom, lots of mini-aeriels

There has been a new addition to the family - I now have a Guerrila 71 to got with the 78, £325 in perfect nick, only to have someone ride straight into me first decent session on it. Nice long dent, but hopefully it is just cosmetic. Had one really heavy duty F8/9 sail on it since and everything seems OK. A fantastic board - perfect combination of old and new waveboard design and much more get up and go than I thought something that small and heavily rockered would have.

No comments: